COVID-19 Emergency Payments
As you may know the Government announced an Emergency COVID 19 Payment last week
What does this mean:
- Payment of €203 per week will be available, for a six-week period, to all employees and the self-employed who have been affected by the seizing up of economic activity regardless of PRSI contributions. The usual criteria that applies to Jobseeker’s payment do not apply for this payment.
- People can get the payment by applying for the normal jobseeker’s payments within this six-week period.
- People are being urged to download application forms online and apply via the post
- If one has Public Services Card one can apply on-line through the MyWelfare online portal
- Dept is asking customers to keep an eye on their bank accounts as payments may be made before the Dept gets the opportunity to notify them.
- Payments are issued based on date of application not the date of processing. By that we mean that payment will be calculated from the date of application.
- The Dept is asking the public not to phone them to allow their teams to focus on processing applications.
- The freepost address for applications is;
Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection,
PO Box 12896
We encourage all of our clients who have had to seize trading for now due to the COVID 19 to apply for the Emergency Payment ASAP.