Ifac is building for the future. Growing our tax service is a key part of our development plan. You will join a busy vibrant team at a time of major organisational change, growth and rebranding. The tax department is a team within the firm developing and implementing tax solutions for clients.
We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our growing National Tax Department. You will be responsible for presenting solutions to increasingly complex technical issues to clients within the agri-food sector. You will demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to develop solutions to complex technical issues, an ability to act on your own initiative and manage assignments on a day to day basis. You will be located in our Dublin office, with nationwide travel when required.
The role will involve;
• Building a rapport with clients and developing a clear and detailed understanding of the business and client expectations.
• Managing the Compliance function within the department.
• Providing intelligent and creative solutions to client tax issues both reactively and proactively and presenting solutions to complex technical issues.
• Writing high-quality tax reports, professionally presented documents, requiring minimal input from directors or partners. Planning and performing tax consultancy assignments.
• Monitoring and reporting on the firm’s risk management processes and procedures.
• Supervising relevant areas of work and being seen as a reference point on particular technical issues.
• Working effectively with all members of the team, building the confidence and respect of subordinates.
• Participating in business development activities and contributing to sales pitches, for own team as well as the wider firm.
What you will bring;
• CTA qualified (ACA/ACCA additional qualification preferred) with a minimum 3-4 years post qualification experience of working in a tax department of a large firm.
• An appetite for self-development through the appraisal and personal development processes, reviewing work afterward for learning points.
• Strong technical knowledge and proven ability to identify opportunities for clients.
•Good attention to detail with strong time-management skills and the ability to manage compliance process and compliance staff.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with proven people development skills to support the development of more junior staff and the ability to build trusted relationships with clients and the team.
• The ability to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines.
We take pride in recognising and rewarding hard work and achievement. We offer excellent remuneration packages at all levels. Our Tax Manager’s package will include – salary, performance related bonus/profit share, professional subscriptions, CPD allowance, flexible working arrangements, and continuous training and support in a collaborative dynamic practice.